DIN VDE 0271.
The cables are in compliance with EU LVD (Low Voltage Directive) and RoHS Directive (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and REACH (European Chemicals Regulation).
They are free of silicone, cadmium and free from substances harmful to the wetting properties of lacquers.
Cables with PVC sheath are flame retardant and self-extinguishing according to DIN EN 60332-1-2 (IEC 60332-1).
Cables with PE sheath are UV-resistant, however not flame retardant.
- Rated voltage kV 0.6/1
- Testing voltage kV 4
- Cable temperature ºC during laying (min) -5
- Cables with PVC sheath -20
- Cables with PE sheath +90
- after laying (max)
- Max permissible operating temperature (conductor) °C +90
- Short-circuit temperature °C +250
- Current carrying capacity acc. to HD 603 S1-1994 5G
- during regular operation: table 14+15
- in case of short-circuit: table 17
- short-circuit duration max 5s
Cables for special applications, e.g. as a single core railway traction current cable for direct current and alternating current. Also as a return current cable in direct current systems up to 0.6/1 KV.
Preferably for connections in overhead lines and rails, for laying in pipe conduits and trough channels and directly in the ground.
The regulations and standards of the transport services apply for the selection of railway traction current cables.
Type Designation Codes
N cables acc. to standard
(N) cables based on standard
A conductor made of aluminium
2X insulation made of cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE)
S screen made of cooper
(F) longitudinally watertight in the screen section
Y outer sheath made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
2Y outer sheath made of polyethylene (PE)
RM circular conductor, stranded
NA2XS(F)2Y 1x400 RM/35 0,6/1 kV