SAFETRACK® PinBrazing – makes your installations in any weather! Safely!
SAFETRACK® patented PinBrazing method offer safe electrical cable connections to steel structures without melting of the steel in the pipes or other steel structures as with welding methods. The secret of the patented system is that a special silver based alloy, developed for the purpose, is melted (650°C) by a totally controlled energy distribution from high power batteries thru the patented electronic and automated brazing device.
The Safetrack® system is used in many industries for connecting cables and is especially suitable for use within the Cathodic Protection Industry such as connecting anode cables to pipelines, vessels, reinforcement bars, etc. With SAFETRACK patented electronic battery driven Pinbrazing system you can do your installations very fast and in any weather, any time – rain and snow is no more a problem. No risk for the operator.
Everything developed and manufactured in Sweden, where the pin brazing method was invented.
- Fast – The PinBrazing process takes only a second and the whole preparation takes less than a minute.
- Low temperature – Does not affect internal coatings
- Safe for the material – Does not melt the work material as exothermic welding methods (thermite) does. Just a thin layer of silver is applicated between the pipe and the cable wires.
- Safe in all weather conditions
- Suitable for use on pipe lay barge – No need for special moulds.
- Safe for the operator – battery driven 36V DC system and no hazardous materials.
- Strong, molecular connection – Silver assure a strong molecular binding with the lowest possible transition resistance.
- Easy, automated process – Just pull the trigger and the automatic 1–second–process do the job.
More about Pin Brazing
When a Cathodic Protection system is applied to a pipeline with spigot and sleeve joints, these joints must be electrically bonded. Pin brazing is used to ensure a safe electrical connection to different types of steel structures.
For Pipelaying vessels it is very important to connect the bracelet anodes to off-shore pipes fast and safe, both in a horizontal and vertical position. Pin Brazing has all these advantages compare to thermite welding or other welding methods; such as the Pin Brazing is easy and fast to use also on vertical surfaces, can be made in any weather conditions, does not melt the steel down in the pipe (which not is very popular among the infrastructure owners), PinBrazing just melt a layer of silver between the cable from the anode to the pipe which also gives the best electrical properties to the bonding.
When attaching the Jumper Bonds over the joints, the patented SAFETRACK pin brazing can be used.
When you need the very best (silver) connection of your Cathodic Protection cables to steel, ductile or cast-iron pipe, vessel, tanks or reinforcement bars.
No more confusion and maintenance with thermit weld molds and weld portions. Just Pin Braze your cables, easy and quick!
SAFETRACK Electronic PinBrazing method is approved by GAZPROM, Russia.
Pin Brazers worldwide
Safetrack patented Pin Brazing system is in use in over 60 countries worldwide.
Some of Safetracks Pin Brazing customers:
Cathodic Protection Industry
Gazprom, Russia. Corrpro, USA. Sydgas, Sweden, Savcor Art, Finland. Eesti gaas, Estonia. Stolt Offshore, USA. Pipeline integrity management, Israel. Corrosion Controlo Services, India. PSL, India. Petunia Co, Iran. Iranian Offshore & engeneering Co IOEC, Iran. Saipem, Kazakhstan. Bitco, Kuwait. RWNA, Malaysia. BSS Technologies, UAE. Euramco, UK. Gaskomplekt OAO Beltransgaz, Belarus. Corrpol, Poland. Toyo Engineering, Japan. Shell, Malaysia.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe RailRoad, USA. Union Pacific RailRoad, USA. Canadian National Railway, Canada. Canadian Pacific Railway, Canada. Russian Railways, Russia. West.Ter, Russia. Network rail, UK. Banverket (Swedish Railway). Stockholm Underground, Sweden. Strukton Rail, Sweden. Gothenburg Tramway, Sweden. Balfour Beatty, Sweden. VR (Finnish state railway). Helsinki Metro, Finland. Siemens, Germany. Alstom, France. Algerian Railway, Algeria. Indian Railways, India. Sterling Transtel, India. Egyptian National Railways. Lithuanian Railways. Izmir Metro, Turkey. Greece State Railway.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about PinBrazing
1. What is the economic benefit by using PinBrazing for pipelines?
- It works in all weather. Even in rain and snow. No risk for the operator.
- It does not melt the steel in the pipe with the cables, it melts only the silver alloy.
- Quick and automatic process. About 2 minutes in total for a cpl. bonding. 1. Grinding of surface 2. Press the gun button. 3. Ready! Since the method is so fast the total cost stays very low.
- Does not require any special knowledge of the operator.
- Can store units & consumables for several years without taking damage. No special requirement for storing
- Low temperature, does not damage the coating on the inside of the pipeline.
2. Who is the manufacturer and supplier?
- Safetrack manufactures all the material (equipment, consumables), which ensures an optimum result.
3. What is the power source at the pinbrazing unit?
- Battery. No other power source is needed for operation. After about 50 solderings the unit is charged with the charger powered by 230/110 V AC. Also the grinding machine is powered by the battery in the unit. 4. Is preheating of the pipelines needed?
- No. There is no need to preheat with this method.
- Melting temperature for the solder material itself is only about 650°C(1200°F), the surface is heated up to this temperature and is reached after only 1 second. Unlike thermite welding which is an exothermic process (more energy gets out than what is put in) provides extreme temperatures of thousand degrees and even melts the steel down.
- With the pin brazing one can touch with the finger on the brazing area only a few seconds after the brazing process.
5. Should one clean the surface from flux after the soldering?
- No cleaning is necessary since the contact surfaces has a molecular bindning between the cable lug and the pipeline.
6. Where can I buy the PinBrazing system?
- You can contact us directly, either we have a distributor near you or we supply directly to you. Safetrack PinBrazing is used in more than 60 countries worldwide today.
Cable Bonding System for Cathodic Protection and Grounding Safetrack Rail Bonding Technologies Safetrack Baavhammar AB, the leading manufacturer of electrical connection systems for Railways, Grounding and the Cathodic Protection Industry. With systems such as PinBrazing, SafePlug®, SafeBond® in our assortment we can supply any of the modern cable application method to our clients. Our cable bonding systems supplies millions of connections in 60 countries worldwide today.