Drilled electrical rail bond fittings for rail. Patented.
By the Swedish national railway, TRAFIKVERKET, selected and approved method for drilled rail web connections.
Rail web electrical connection system for railbonds for signalling, return traction and earthing applications within the Rail industry.
Developed for the toughest weather conditions in Scandinavia.
- Between 50(M12) and 75(M10)% Higher torque than other brands!
- Unique, High strength, acid proof, stainless steel bolts! (HT-Models)
- 120Nm torque, better performance in changing ambient temperatures. (HT-Models)
- Patented extra copper cone ensure constant contact pressure between rail and bushing!
- Double contact surfaces.
- Simple to install - No special training needed.
- Can be installed in any kind of weather.
- For multiple cables and maximum flexible solution, see SafePlug® Combi.
- No hydraulic tool needed to expand bushing - Use Impact Wrench or torque wrench.
- Tested with 35 000A (M12), 25 000A (M10).
SafePlug® Combi - Flexible cable connections of one or more cables
- Flexible cable connections for the installation of one or more cables for rails in the same areas
- SafePlug® Combi provides that cables can be changed from one to another, and vice verca
- Safeplug® Combi has the same technology to resist differences in temperature, vibration and corrosion as the rest of the SafePlug® range
- This is thanks to the revolutionnary patented contact cone technology
- SafePlug® Combi - A flexible system
- Easy to replace individual cables
- Secure against temperature changes
- Designed for long life
- Safe from vibrations in the rails
- Tight connection– reduces the risk of corrosion
- Maintains high contact pressure for its entire life
- Acid proof stainless steel bolt
- Counterhold in the bond when mounted
- Contact cone for best conductivity
- No heavy hydraulics when installing
Where to use drilled rail plugs?
SafePlug®, Rail drilling plug, used for connecting electrical cables and connectors to railway rails ( vignoles rail), and tramway rail, also known as grooved rail and girder rail. The cables might be for signals, power supplies and protective earthing along the railway.
To attach the drill plugs one ??use of a rail drilling machine, and a special rail drill to drill the hole in the rail.
SafePlug® bushings fitted with an impact wrench or a standard torque wrench and an installation tool that expands a tin-plated bushing into the hole. Then assemble the cable lug with the enclosed screw joint.
What does the SafePlug® so special?
Safetrack's drill plugs for rail has been developed since the existing brands in the market are not taken into account the impact of vibrations and the strong temperature differences. These temperature differences lead to that the rail expands and decreases (constrict), substantial in size both during winter to summer, but also between night and day.
The SafePlug® High Torque (HT) is a unique version with even higher torque capbility made of high-strength 10.9 stainless steel for the most demanding areas.
All SafePlugs® has the feature with a constant contact pressure between the bushing and the rail which minimize the risk of contact fault caused by corrosion.
Such defects must never occur because the drill plugs into rail usually are used for protective earthing along the track. Should these protective earthing fail, it means danger to the track staff and for the public.
Users do not have to use heavy hydraulics in the work place. Expanding
the copper bushing in the drilled hole in the rail by using the same torque wrench or impact wrench used to assemble the cables.
Means significantly lower investment costs as well as smaller service needs.